Office for Scientific Centers of Excellence
By virtue of Paragraph D of Article 18, Chapter II of the country's fifth Five-year Program of Development and because of the necessity of development of centers of excellence in humanities, the Office for Scientific Centers of Excellence of the Institute for Humanities and Cultural Studies was established in October 2014, with the following missions:
- Evaluating the research potentials and capacities of the institute in developing centers of excellence in the faculties, departments and the research centers of the institute.
- Collaborating effectively and diligently with the Secretariat of the Council of Scientific Centers of Excellence of the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology and obtaining licenses for centers of excellence;
- Describing how centers of excellence are created in faculties, departments and research centers of the Institute;
- Evaluating the proposals of faculties, departments and research centers in the Institute in order to create centers of excellence;
- Establishing a comprehensive information system for the centers of excellence.
- Promoting participation in expanding the frontiers of knowledge and the scientific status of the country;
- Acquiring the latest scientific findings and new technologies in specific domains;
- Producing technical knowledge to meet basic needs of the country;
- Paving the way for training top researchers and scientists;
- Creating a dynamic scientific environment;
- Supporting scientific group activities and collaborations;
Activities of the Office
- Evaluating the capabilities of the faculties of the Institute;
- Evaluating the Centers of Excellence, with a focus on humanities and arts' centers of excellence and presenting them to the faculties;
- Informing faculties about regulations and by-laws concerning establishing centers of excellence;
- Meeting heads of faculties and explaining ways of creating centers of excellence;
- Holding more than 10 sessions for heads of faculties and faculty members;
- Creating a page for the Office of Centers of Excellence on the website of the Institute;
- Constant contact with the Office of Centers of Excellence of the Ministry of Science;
- Registering the information of applicants in the research system of Ministry of Science, Research and Technology since May 2016.