The Council for Examining Humanities Books
The Council for Examining Humanities Books is one of the first scientific centers in the country which deals with the study and criticism of literature and sources of humanities. This council was established in the Institute for Humanities and Cultural Studies in 1995 following the supreme leader’s emphasis on focusing on knowledge production, whose main objective is to develop critical thinking in scientific academic publications, examining and criticizing university textbooks, developing the culture of criticism in scientific communities, correction of educational programs of humanities and promoting the status of humanities.
The council currently has 14 specialized departments in different fields of humanities, which have conducted critical studies on about 4,000 textbooks; This council by cooperating with over 2,000 professors of seminaries and universities from the scientific centers managed to create a network of elites of humanities. The departments are as follows: "Economy", "History", "Psychology", "Arabic Language and Literature", "Persian Language and Literature", "Linguistics and Foreign Languages", "Political Science" "Education", "Social Sciences", "Philosophy and Theology", "Law and Jurisprudence", "Methodology of Islamic and Human Sciences", "Management" and "Archeology" .
Scientific, Research and Educational Activities
- Reviewing national books and other academic and non-academic texts in humanities;
- Reviewing international books;
- Reviewing specialized articles;
- Reviewing Notes and critical essays;
- Holding more than 60 meetings with authors;
- Submitting proposals for compiling textbooks;
- Holding specialized and policymaking meetings of the Council for Reviewing Books;
- Publishing scientific-research articles in the journal Pajouheshnameh-ye Enteqadi-ye Motoun va Barnameh-haye Darsi (Journal for Reviewing Books and Curriculums);
- Publishing specialized review journals: in addition to the scientific and research quarterly, this council annually publishes specialized reviews in every department;
- Publishing books: a part of the responsibility of the council departments is to compile and publish books of humanities and provide sources in accordance with the specific approaches of the Council;
- Presenting book reviews: communicating with authors and publishers, and setting up the “system of review of reviews” on the website of the council;
- Holding more than 100 seminars, workshops and scientific meetings concerning book reviews.