The Faculty of Contemporary Culture was established in 2014 with the aim of conducting theoretical-philosophical research on culture by relying on the achievements of humanities to pave the way for dialogue with other cultures about the common issues of the contemporary world. This faculty has three departments namely the Philosophy of Culture, the Inter-cultural Studies and the Iranian Culture.
- Cultural studies with intercultural and interdisciplinary orientation;
- Discovering common cultural issues among different societies and the cultural issues of the Iranian society;
- Conducting research on contemporary and future cultural issues;
- Theoretical-philosophical studies on the methodology of inter-cultural studies;
- Recognition, investigation and introduction of "dialogue" as an approach to cultural studies;
- Research on the foundations and principles of "dialogue" at different levels and ranges;
- Theoretical-philosophical researches on culture;
- Researches on theoretical-philosophical frameworks through an interdisciplinary approach;
- Recognition of cultural studies conducted by researchers in other cultures and considering their experience in dealing with similar or common cultural issues.
Scientific, Research and Educational Activities
- Conducting six research projects;
- Holding a series of lectures on "The Other and Other Phobia " and "Fears and Hopes in a Precarious World";
- Holding a series of specialized seminars on "Understanding the Fundamental Issues of Iranian culture"